Thrift-It Thursday - Hometown Treasures at Meow Boutique

It's easy to get caught in a routine of shopping at the same stores. Not that there's anything wrong with being loyal to a certain boutique or store location; but if you visit the same spots often enough, you may encounter the same stock over and over.

Sometimes you just need a change of scenery to liven things up. This applies as much to life as it does to thrift-shopping!
Whenever I travel, I always make sure to pop into a local vintage boutique or thrift shop. One of the biggest reasons is because I love to support small, local businesses, but also because no thrift shop is made alike! Every store owner picks and curates items differently. Some may focus on a certain era, others may cater to luxury clientele. It makes exploring a new place that much more fun (though I would advise bringing an extra suitcase if you really like to shop)!

Hat - $28, Jacket - $65, Dress - $44, Shoes (my own)- Old Navy
A few weeks ago, I spent some time in my hometown of Waterloo. Everytime I visit, I always make sure to stop by Meow Boutique. Located in the heart of Uptown Waterloo in the cutest pink house, is a treasure trove of new and pre-loved clothing & accessories. I've brought home many cute dresses back to Ottawa from this home-grown gem (including a funky 1970s cocktail dress I actually re-purposed into a Halloween costume)!

Owners Melissa & Wendy were kind enough to let me try on some fab pieces, which if you happen to live in Waterloo you can still get your hands on!




I'm obsessed with this emerald green coat from the 70s. I'm actually kicking myself for not picking it up, so you can bet i'll be envious of whomever scores this beauty! This is from Canadian label Rainmaster by Marielle Fleury, and the details are absolutely divine.


For a vintage dress, I found this to be quite modern looking! But the thrill of thrift-shopping, as I'm sure you already know, is the fact that you're able to find unique pieces that you can't find anywhere else! I love a graphic patterns and prints, and have a soft-spot for stripes, what can I say?!




Lastly, I chose to top it all off (literally) with a chic felt hat. I love wide-brimmed hats for fall & winter, they give that carefree boho touch to an otherwise polished set. I've always been a hat girl, so it's great fun to check out Meow's selection. No matter the season, there's always cute and quirky headgear in stock!

That face you make when your photographer reminds you the hat also comes in grey.


If you're visiting Kitchener-Waterloo anytime soon, be sure to check out Meow Boutique - located at 78 King St N in Uptown Waterloo. Check out their Facebook & Instagram  to keep up with special events & see brand new stock before it hits the racks! And if the physical shop is out of reach, you can shop their store online through Etsy!

Thanks so much to the ladies of Meow Boutique for graciously allowing me to model these pieces, and to my photographer bestie Jessica Rediker for the gorgeous photos!



6 comments:

  1. Tori, this look is so chic, especially for the fall. The emerald green coat also goes really well with the dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It was easy when there was so much great selection to choose from!

      Delete
  2. I adore thrift-shopping! There are so many fun, unique pieces just waiting to be discovered!
    You are rocking that outfit - it looks great on you
    Britt | http://alternativelyspeaking.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Britt! I couldn't agree more, I've gotten so many pieces that I cherish from thrift shopping.

      Delete
  3. I love thrift shops! I will definitely have to go and check that one out the next time I am in Waterloo. That green coat is gorgeous! I am also so happy to have found another Ottawa blogger. If you are interested I made a Facebook group for Ottawa Bloggers under 30. It's basically a way to share posts and meet other bloggers in Ottawa. If you are interested here is the link https://www.facebook.com/groups/1949184962068708/.
    Maya @ www.poweredcrowd.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I'm glad you enjoyed the post!

      I'll definitely check out the group; always nice to connect with other local bloggers!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.