Trick or Treat With Miruku - Taste Testing Ottawa's Sweet New Delivery Service

Halloween is the best time of year because, say it with me now....CANDY!
While I'm too old for trick or treating, I still have a raging sweet tooth that craves sugar. But what if I told you there's a way for have treats delivered straight to your front door? No tricks here! Meet Miruku; the newest source for delicious goodies in Ottawa!


I stumbled upon Miruku while browsing Instagram recently, and I was immediately drooling over all the feed. Run by local Ottawa pastry chef, Viviana, she hand-crafts Japanese style pastries & candies and personally delivers them to her clients. She kindly brought over a box of goodies for me to try, and I couldn't wait to indulge!


 It's clear Viviana is passionate about what she does, and it shows with every detail. Everything in this pretty little box was lovingly sealed in individual packets to ensure freshness. She sent me some madeleines, a cube cube cake, and her signature hand-wrapped, fresh caramel candies!

The goods! Believe me, it's as delicious as it looks!
I've never tried Madeleines before, but I'm officially obsessed now. These were so light and fluffy in texture, and melt in your mouth. It's truly a blissful experience! The french vanilla was smooth and buttery, and the dark chocolate was decadent without being too rich.

French Vanilla & Dark Chocolate Madeleines
The Cube Cube cake is totally unique and bursting with flavour. It is the perfect blend of dark chocolate and tangy orange; it reminds me of a Terry's chocolate orange, and just as delicious! It has a very dense consistency; rich and moist like a pound cake. Plus it looks super cool!

The Cube Cube cake! Chocolate & orange swirled together with love!
Last but not least; the signature caramel candies! These were my absolute favourite of the bunch! They were all so dreamy & creamy, with such interesting flavours that set them apart from any other caramel I've tried.
Bet ya can't eat just one! Inside were all of the Miruku Caramel Candy flavours: Vanilla Sea Salt, Earl Grey Milk, Yuzu Citrus, Red Bean, and a limited edition Pumpkin Spice!
I was able to sample all of the flavours, and I can honestly confirm they were all delicious in their own unique way. Here's a quick description of them all:

-Vanilla Sea Salt: Your classic caramel flavour, but better. A pinch of sea salt gives that perfect sweet & salty kick to the buttery flavour.
- Earl Grey Milk: Subtle floral notes and a slight lemon aftertaste. Smooth and calm just like the tea it's named after!
-Yuzu Citrus: This has to be the most unique candy flavour I've ever encountered. Strong citrus flavour, but also reminded me of Fruit Loops cereal! Tangy and playful!
-Red Bean: Very subtle sweetness, buttery taste. It's very simple in contrast to the others, but definitely a must try!
-Pumpkin Spice (limited edition): If you know me, you know I'm a pumpkin spice addict. This tasted just like a slice of pumpkin pie!

Needless to say, everything was perfection and I cannot wait to place another order soon! You've got to try Miruku for yourself! Orders are available for pick-up by appointment, or local delivery in Ottawa. Check out their website for all the details!

Want to win a box of fresh caramel candies from Miruku? Head over to my Instagram to enter! Hurry, contest closes Monday Oct 30, 2017 at 12pm EST! 
(Open to Ottawa residents only)

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They taste even better than they look!!

      Delete
  2. I’m a candy fanatic! They look amazing! I’m going to enter the contest for my kids obviously not for me ������

    ReplyDelete
  3. Madeleines are the most delicious things! You definitely had a good selection of halloween goodies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never had them until now, but I'm in looove!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.