Facing My Fear of Falsies - Gettin' Glam With ESQIDO Lashes

My history with false eyelashes has been rocky. I used to be a hair model a few years back (excuse the humble brag), and I always dreaded having to wear false lashes when having my makeup done. My eyes tend to be pretty sensitive, so having additional weight on them, plus bright runways lights and 6-inch heels? It was all just a recipe for disaster. Thankfully I never turned into fashion roadkill!

Since my runway days are over, I never really bothered to pursue lashes for my personal looks. Any time I tried in the past, I never knew what styles would be best suited for me or even how to apply them properly. Not to mention how uncomfortably heavy they always seemed to feel! It all just seemed too much of a hassle.

That is, until I discovered ESQIDO Lashes.

ESQIDO Lashes in Night Bouquet ($29 USD), with ESQIDO Companion Eyelash Glue ($10 USD)
Tray- Homesense, Earrings- BaubleBar, Shoes - Chinese Laundry (vintage)

Their wide variety of hand-crafted strip mink lashes are nothing short of glamorous! They all feature a comfortable cotton band, and can be used multiple times with proper care. After seeing how gorgeous the selection was, I decided to bite the bullet and give it lashes another chance. Mascara can only do so much, and I wanted to add some extra oomph to my look.

ESQIDO Mink Lashes in Nimbus ($32 USD)
Since I’m a total newbie, I wasn’t exactly sure what I wanted in a false lash. Luckily ESQIDO makes it incredibly easy for you to find the right pair with their Lash Guide. No guess work required! Just answer a few simple questions, and they select the perfect set of lashes for you!
I did the survey twice, and it recommended 'Night Bouquet' for an everyday look, and 'Nimbus' for a special occasion style.
Even without using the guide, each set of lashes can be easily shopped as they all list the amount of volume and length. I really love that the site features before and after photos with a slider bar, so you really get the sense of just how much they’ll enhance your look.

I also got their signature Companion Eyelash Glue. The brush tip makes it easy to paint it onto the band evenly, and it dries clear so it's undetectable. Plus, it doesn’t have a heinous odour like other glues on the market.


I watched their handy application video to give myself a little confidence boost. With a little patience, I was able to apply both pairs (separately, of course) with more ease than I could have ever anticipated. It is incredibly satisfying getting the perfect placement on the first try! You’d think I’d been doing this for years!
I found the key is to have a mirror underneath your face, rather than in front of you. It helps to ensure proper positioning.

Before lash application. Wearing 2 coats of L'Oreal Voluminous Feline Noir mascara.
Night Bouquet  is a match made in heaven for me. I honestly want to wear these everyday! They're so lightweight, and add a gorgeous natural length. I truly underestimated how much a set of eye lashes can enhance my look. They're everything I could have ever wanted and more!

Wearing Night Bouquet
Nimbus is definitely dramatic, so they will be reserved for special occasions as my survey results suggest. But I love how much volume and length they give; they're SO fluffy!!I can't help but bat my lashes coquettishly when they're on!
While I'm well-aware there are falsies on my lids, they're not heavy or uncomfortable in the least bit. I honestly can't say I've ever felt this way about any other lashes. Especially when they're this bold!

Wearing Nimbus
If you're looking to add some everyday glamour to your look, or amp up the drama for a night out, I cannot recommend ESQIDO Lashes enough! These have truly opened my eyes (pardon the pun) to just how easily I can enhance up my makeup looks. I'm officially a lash addict!

Be sure to visit their site and follow them on Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook - @ESQIDO
Note: I received these complimentary products in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own.

6 comments:

  1. I'm not going to lie, I'm intimidated by false lashed. But these ESQIDO lashed look so user friendly. And I love the way they look on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can totally relate because I felt the exact same way! They're so worth it, though!

      Delete
  2. They look great on you! I also received a pair and I was pleasantly surprised by them as well! I was always skeptical about false lashes, but theirs are really great. Definitely changed my views about them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maddy! I honestly didn't think falsies could be this comfortable!

      Delete
  3. I love the look of "falsies" but I am not one to try them for fun. They look amazing on you, and hearing your testimonial makes me feel like maybe it wouldn't be TOO scary...
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear this post gave you a little courage! Their how-to video really helped me feel less intimidated!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.