Good Enough To Eat - Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Liquified Lipstick Review

When people ask me what my favourite lipstick is, I never hesitate to say Bite Beauty with the utmost enthusiasm. Rich pigments, creamy texture, and a taste so good you could literally eat it (seriously, it's all made with food-grade ingredients). Plus they're Canadian, so it feels great to purchase something that's home-grown.

As an avid user of their Amuse Bouche Lipstick, I nearly fell out of my chair when I caught word they'd be releasing a liquified version. I was on the floor when Influenster sent over a complimentary VoxBox with 3 of them inside.

Hot n' fresh out the kitchen! Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Liquified Lipstick - $28 CAD at Sephora.
Top to bottom: Éclair, Demi Glace & Flambé.

The sleek, slate grey, matte packaging matches the rest of the Bite line of products, but I think this may be the best I've seen from them. I really like that the bottom shows you exactly what shade it is, so you don't have the play the ol' name guessing game when rifling through your stash.

The doe-foot applicator is pointed at the end, so it does a great job of painting on precisely.
If you're familiar with the regular bullet lipsticks from Bite, expect the same but...Liquified. It's pretty much a melted down version, which a lot of brands seem to be hopping on the band wagon for. I'm not throwing shade though; this is a nice departure from the pout-parching matte formulas we've all become accustomed to. These are very nourishing to my lips, so they wear quite nicely.
While the texture does feel a bit heavy, it's not uncomfortable. I find the key is to wipe excess off the wand so you're not over-applying; a little goes quite a long way, as these are pretty damn pigmented.


Wearing shade Éclair.

The shades I received are Éclair (dusty rose), Demi Glace (chocolate mauve), and Flambé (vivid poppy).  When I saw swatches online, I knew Flambe and I were destined to be in love. I needed that fiery red in my life. Needless to say, we're a perfect pair. Although Eclair and I have been getting pretty close lately, since it's such a perfect pink shade for everyday wear.
Demi Glace I'm not crazy for (yet). I imagine come fall we might become better acquainted.

I should mention I also received their Line & Define Lip Primer as well. But I really didn't like it (which is a total bummer!) because it wasn't very moisturizing or comfortable on the lips. Peppermint in a lip product will always be an auto-fail for me because it always irritates my mouth.
Left to right: Demi Glace, Éclair, Flambé.
My love affair with these lipsticks has become an eternal flame. I find myself reaching for these more than anything else in my collection lately. I'm already planning to go stock my cart with more shades!
I try not to push products onto my readers because everyone has different tastes and whatnot. But trust me, you need these. Seriously. If you're in the market for a new lippie, give these a try! You can thank me later when you fall hard & fast in love with these like I did.

Disclaimer: Products featured were received complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes. All opinions are my own.

8 comments:

  1. I love all 3 of these!! I hope I get picked for an influenster box one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! They're really fun.

      Delete
  2. Eclair is my FAVE! They all looking amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! It's found a permanent home in my purse's makeup bag.

      Delete
  3. I love these. such pretty colours and they feel fantastic. Can Bite mess anything up? I don't think so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true!! They really are slaying the lipstick game!

      Delete
  4. Love the red on you! I really want to try these :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is honestly the perfect red for summer!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.