Effortless Essentials: Beauty Picks for a Foundation-Free Summer

For someone who calls themselves a beauty blogger, I haven't been wearing a lot of makeup lately! I just can't be bothered to paint it all on when it's hot & muggy outside. Even just glancing at my foundation bottle has me cringing! I can't count how many summers I left the house with a full mask on, only to feel like a melting Barbie doll within moments.
Plus having to go through the hassle of shade-matching after you get a slight tan is something I just want to avoid all together. Pale girl problems, am I right?

Since I still like playing with cosmetics, I challenged myself  to go foundation-free as much as possible this summer. Though I still have a few beauty products I've been obsessed with that simply enhance my features, rather than mask them. Here's what I've been loving lately!




Before anything else goes on my face, I always make sure I protect it from the sun. Skin cancer is very real, and it's so important to take steps to prevent it!
Normally SPF can make my skin feel a little agitated, but the Reversa Radiance Cream is perfect for my sensitive skin. I especially like that the glycolic acid in it helps to even my skintone, making me look and feel more confident in my natural beauty. I love that it also gives me lightweight moisture, without any hint of greasiness,

Reversa Radiance Cream with SPF 30 - $49 CAD

My go-to primer for the past few months has been the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer. It's one of the only silicone based primers that doesn't gum up under foundation for me. But for summer, I've been reaching for the Hydrating version. It's incredibly lightweight and, you guessed it, hydrating!
It has a slightly watery consistency to the OG formula, but I just dab it on wherever concealer will eventually go, rather than all over my face.

Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer - Hydrating - $50 CAD
I always assumed that concealer had to be full coverage. Yet I underestimated how natural a light-medium coverage could be. I've been loving the L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Glow Concealer for this exact reason.

L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Glow Concealer - Shade '01-Classic Ivory' - $13.12 CAD

If I have some extra redness or general dullness I feel I can do without, I dab a little on and blend it out with a damp sponge. I find that this concealer sets pretty quickly, so I like to counteract any creasing with a light dusting of setting powder (Laura Mercier, for anyone curious. It is probably the only setting powder I'll ever use, it's that good).
It gives a soft and luminous touch to my features that I absolutely love. Plus it's a totally reasonable price point!

Physician's Formula Murmuru Butter Bronzer - Shade 'Light Bronzer' - $19.99 CAD

Since my skin is so pale I'm practically reflective, I sometimes like to add a bit of bronzer to fake a sun-kissed glow. I know I've mentioned my adoration for the Physician's Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer before, but it's worth mentioning again. It's a perfect light neutral shade that's very buildable, so I can either add some subtle colour or really carve out a contour with it.

My highlighter obsession is still holding strong, but I've been embracing more of a soft dewy glow as of lately. The Teint Ideal Highlighter by Vichy has become one of my absolute favourite products that I reach for almost every day! It has this gorgeous pearl tone to it that looks beautiful on my pale skin, so I feel like a glistening goddess!

Vichy Teint Ideal Highlighter - $27 CAD

The rollerball makes it easy to glide it on exactly where I want it, and I can tap it into my skin with just my fingers.
Plus it makes for a great base if I want to add powder highlight for more intensity.

While I still love to play with lipstick, sometimes I don't want to worry about leaving kiss prints on my food. For real, there's nothing worse than seeing your smooch all over your ice cream cone!

Lipstick Queen Frog Prince Lipstick - $27 CAD

Rather than apply a plain ol' lip balm, I've been reaching for my Lipstick Queen Frog Prince Lipstick.
Don't let the green shade fool you! This transforms on your lips to a perfect shade of pink. It's literally a 'my lips, but better' colour. Plus it's incredibly hydrating, which is so necessary after a long winter of mostly matte lippies. I'm gonna need a new tube soon, I've been wearing it pretty much every day!

Vichy Mineralizing Thermal Water - $14 CAD

Lastly, I always make sure to keep a facial mist on hand. Not only does this help keep any makeup in place, but it's a great way to refresh thirsty skin on a hot day. Or after a workout!
I've tried several different sprays, but the Vichy Thermal can't be beat. It has a very fine mist, so it doesn't feel like I'm drenching myself. I love how instantly hydrating it feels!

The final look! I'm wearing all of the products mentioned above, plus Benefit Gimme Brow Gel & Annabelle Outlash Mascara.
Hair colour is Lime Crime Unicorn Hair in 'Strawberry Jam'.

What are your minimal makeup favourites? Leave me a comment so we can chat! I hope you're having a wonderful summer so far. See you on the next post!

8 comments:

  1. Sun Bum has some really cool products with SPF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have their SPF 30 spray and I love it! I've been meaning to try their lip balms.

      Delete
  2. Oh, this is so helpful! I've been thinking of converting my blog into more lifestyle/literary posts so you've given me some awesome ideas! I'll definitely have to check these products out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so glad I could help out! Hope you enjoy!

      Delete
  3. I've been loving the Butter Bronzer lately too! I got a bit too much sun at the cottage so I've been using it to warm up my face so that it isn't a different colour than my body. It's great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I've never liked bronzer until I found this! Everything else was always too warm/dark for me!

      Delete
  4. Great picks. Summer is always nice because it's good (and easy) to go a little bare. I really have to try that Infallible concealer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! It feels good to just embrace the skin we're in, doesn't it?

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.